(Getting ready for B-21 and other upcoming projects?)
AREA 51 NEWS UPDATE – – January 6, 2018:
Please see the notice below regarding the land grab of over 200,000 acres of public land around Alamo Road by the United States Air Force. Public hearings will be held in January.
To whom it may concern:
The Air Force has published a Notice of Availability (NOA) in the Federal Register announcing the availability of the Draft Legislative Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Nevada Test and Training Range Land Withdrawal. The publication of the NOA began a 90-day public comment period which will end on 8 March, 2018.
The Draft Legislative EIS and supporting documents are available on the project website at http://www.nttrleis.com. The Draft Legislative EIS is also available at various libraries and repositories – a list of locations is also provided on the project website.
The Air Force plans to hold five public hearings from 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. on the dates and at the locations listed below. During the meetings, the Air Force will provide information on the potential environmental impacts associated with the proposed action and solicit public comments on the Draft LEIS.
- Wednesday, January 17, 2018: Caliente Elementary School, 289 Lincoln Street, Caliente, NV 89008
- Thursday, January 18, 2018: Pahranagat Valley High School, 151 S. Main Street, Alamo, NV 89001
- Tuesday, January 23, 2018: Aliante Hotel, 7300 Aliante Parkway, North Las Vegas, NV 89084
- Wednesday, January 24, 2018: Beatty Community Center, 100 A Avenue South, Beatty, NV 89003
- Thursday, January 25, 2018: Tonopah Convention Center, 301 Brougher Avenue, Tonopah, NV 89049
The agenda for each public hearing is as follows:
- 5:30 p.m. to 6:15 p.m. – Open House and written comment submission
- 6:15 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. – Air Force Presentation
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Public Hearing/Oral Comments
The project website (www.nttrleis.com) can be used to submit comments on the Draft Legislative EIS or comments may also be submitted by mail to the 99th Air Base Wing Public Affairs, 4430 Grissom Ave., Ste. 107, Nellis AFB, NV 89191. Please direct any requests for information or other inquiries to the 99th Air Base Wing Public Affairs, 4430 Grissom Ave., Ste. 107, Nellis AFB, NV 89191, by e-mail at 99ABW.PAOutreach@us.af.mil, or by phone at (702) 652-2750.
NEPA Division (AFCEC/CZN)
(CLICK ABOVE MAP FOR ENLARGEMENT — the blue spot just above the center is Groom Lake – Area 51)
Norio Hayakawa’s CIVILIAN INTELLIGENCE NEWS SERVICE
E-mail = firstname.lastname@example.org
Facebook = http://www.facebook.com/fernandon.hayakawa